Monday 4 July 2011

Radiohead

For our next preliminary task we had to re-create Radiohead’s video from there single, lotus flower, from a song of our choice. This task will enable us to put forward all the techniques we have learnt from the previous year and make a sequence that matches the movement with the soundtrack. We also learnt a few more extra skills such as the “reverse” technique and how to speed images up so it could fit in with the soundtrack more comfortably. This task was more difficult than the other preliminary task we have done as the music choice was vital. Also a lot of editing had to take place as the soundtrack had to match his fast movements. 

This screen grab shows the blinking technique i used. As the soundtrack I choose was fast and slow it would fit in with the movements. I then had to use this technique to speed the images shown on screen so i get a better insight on the music. This helped me play the right speed of music at the right time. 




As the soundtrack I choose was mostly fast pace it was hard for me to make the soundtrack go with the scenes shown. As the person goes from dancing slowly to then going very fast, this was hard for me to cut as for the 3 seconds I couldn’t get a slow beat. I then overcame this by overlapping some of the clips with each other. This allowed the scene to be a bit faster than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment