Thursday 7 July 2011

Final Animal Video

This was our first preliminary task that we were asked to do. We had to pick a audio track out of the possible seven given to us and make an edit to the animal footage. We then had to choose scenes from the animal footage and try making it go with the music chosen. This task helped me widen my skills by letting me explore new ideas that would help make the audio and dancing work. I experimented with the speed of the music varying the pace of it from slow to fast. I also learnt how to use the reverse tool which was a good thing as some parts of the dancing was hard to edit. I also tried out different transitions between the footage to make it more like a music video. 

 
Here is a print screen I took to show the technique i used to change the speed of the song. As the song I choose varied from pace it was hard to edit and make it go with the dance sequence. I therefore played around with the speed making it slower and faster in some cases. This was a good technique to use and experiment with as it allowed the music to flow well the dance routine the animals were performing. The dancing got slightly quicker and bean to cut from different shots quickly, this part was hard for me to match the song as at that point the song was slow, so i therefore decided to speed the song up to 50 percent.  

If I had more time I would experiment with “wiring frame” as most music videos use this technique and it would have helped me to come up with different ideas for my own. As the video was cutting quickly between different dance routines it would have been good if I made both appear on one screen. I think this would work with the music I choose as it would be fast pace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment